Questions That The Mainstream Media Should Be Asking
We live at a time when the world is changing more rapidly than ever before. Just about everything that can be shaken is being shaken, and anyone with half a brain realizes that we are heading for challenges that previous generations never even could have imagined.
There certainly is no shortage of news, but instead of focusing on the terribly important issues that we are facing, the mainstream media feeds us an endless stream of fluff, scandals and celebrities.
Just check out some of the headlines that I found on the front pages of major mainstream news websites today....
"Man Dies After Roach-Eating Contest"
"Ex-NFL Cheerleader Admits To Sex With Minor"
"Facebook Rolls Out Pinterest-Like Tool For Buying Stuff"
"Grumpy Cat Becomes Internet Sensation"
So what should the mainstream media really be talking about today?
The following are 28 good questions that the mainstream media should be asking....
1. Why is the IMF warning that there is an "alarmingly high" risk of a deeper global economic slowdown?
2. Why is Switzerland preparing for "major civil unrest" throughout Europe?
3. If the Spanish financial system completely collapses, what is that going to mean for the rest of Europe and the rest of the globe?
4. Is Turkey about to drag the rest of NATO (including the United States) into a war with Syria?
5. Why aren't people screaming in outrage about the fact that the U.S. national debt increased by more than a trillion dollars for the fourth straight year in 2012?
6. Should we be concerned that the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt on the first day of fiscal year 2013 than it did from 1776 to 1941 combined?
7. If temporary refinery problems can cause some gas stations to shut down and cause gas prices in California to skyrocket to all-time highs, what would a real crisis do?
8. Why are some analysts predicting that a "rapid collapse" is coming for the U.S. dollar?
9. Will the U.S. dollar soon lose its status as the primary reserve currency of the world?
10. Why is Marc Faber warning that the wealthy "may lose up to 50 percent of their total wealth"?
11. By keeping interest rates near zero, is the Federal Reserve crushing the retirement dreams of millions of elderly Americans?
12. Why do Barack Obama, Mitt Romney and most members of Congress continue to stand behind the TSA when nearly 400 TSA employees have been fired for stealing from travelers since 2003?
13. Why are nearly half a million employees of the federal government making over $100,000 a year?
14. How in the world can you have a debate about the economy that lasts for an hour and a half and never even mention Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve or quantitative easing?
15. Why are Romney campaign signs being smeared with excrement?
16. British taxpayers spent 57.8 million dollars on the royal family in 2011. U.S. taxpayers spent 1.4 billion dollars on the Obamas that same year. How in the world can this be justified?
17. Why does the U.S. government treat our military veterans like garbage? Many of them have given everything for their country. Shouldn't we treat them with more respect?
18. Why is the mainstream media ignoring a warning that an international gang of cybercriminals plans "to steal money from the online accounts of thousands of consumers at 30 or more major U.S. banks"?
19. The New England Complex Systems Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts is warning that rapidly rising global food prices could soon lead to massive food riots all over the planet. Is this something that we should be concerned about?
20. Why is the United Nations pushing to have the authority to impose "global taxes" on all of us?
21. How did we get to the point where sex trafficking is now at epidemic levels all over the United States?
22. Why are so many young people being arrested? Should we be concerned that 41 percent of all Americans have been arrested by the time they reach the age of 23?
23. Why are most Americans either overweight or obese or severely obese?
24. How was one Baltimore woman able to accumulate 30 free cell phones all paid for by the federal government?
25. Why are nearly 30 percent of all young adults in the 25 to 34 year old age bracket living at home with their parents?
26. Why has the birth rate in the United States fallen to an all-time low?
28. Is the U.S. Supreme Court about to make it illegal to resell our own stuff at yard sales, in thrift stores and on eBay?
Do you have any questions to add to this list?
Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below....
This article was originally posted at The Economic Collapse
Scroll down to add / read comments
|In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Information Clearing House has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is Information ClearingHouse endorsed or sponsored by the originator.)|