Fact Or Fiction?
Iranian Commander: We Have Targets Within America


By Reza Kahlili

Note- Would someone be kind enough to provide an English translation for the interview attributed to Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami and found here http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13921112002036 so that we can determine if the article below is factual. Please post it in the comment section or send it directly to me at emailtom@cox.net Thank you.

February 02, 2014 "Information Clearing House - A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic.

“America, with its strategic ignorance, does not have a full understanding of the power of the Islamic Republic,” Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami said in a televised interview. “We have recognized America’s military strategy, and have arranged our abilities, and have identified centers in America [for attack] that will create a shock.”

Reports indicate that "terrorist" Hezbollah forces — allies of Iran — have infiltrated the U.S. and have mapped out targets.

This article was originally published at Daily Caller  

Updated February 02, 2014 at 8:33 pm PST

IRGC: Iran Recognizes No Boundary for Responding to Any Possible US Attack

February 02, 2014 "Information Clearing House - "Farsnews" - “The US (threat of using the) military option is of no care to us. They can use this option but should take the responsibility for its destructive consequences too,” Salami said in a televised interview with Iran’s state-run TV on Saturday night.

“The US can have different scenarios against Iran, including air, missile and limited ground incursion; all these scenarios have been identified, all possibilities have been studied and we have complete intelligence superiority in all these cases and operational strategies,” he added.

Salami said if the US dares to embark on its military threats against Iran, the Islamic Republic would then "recognize no boundary for its response".

Salami underlined that Iran is ready for all types of threats, and added, “We have identified those regions which shock the US and we have full dominance over the enemy’s vital interests.”

His remarks came in reaction to the recent statements of US Secretary of State John Kerry, who said in an interview in Geneva late last month that the military option was still on the table “if Iran did not live up to its nuclear commitments under the Geneva deal”.

Also in January, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces for Cultural Affairs and Defense Publicity Brigadier General Massoud Jazzayeri downplayed the US and its allies' war rhetoric against Iran, and said they don't dare to attack Iran because they have no hope of victory in such a war.

In response to Kerry's comments, the senior Iranian commander said that the US government knows that the military option against Iran is not practical.

The United States has long stressed that military action is a main option for the White House to deter Iran's progress in the field of nuclear technology.

Iran has warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, it will target 32 American bases in the Middle-East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

An estimated 40 percent of the world's oil supply passes through the waterway.

On November 24, Iran and the Group 5+1 (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany) sealed a six-month Joint Plan of Action to lay the groundwork for the full resolution of the West’s decade-old dispute with Iran over its nuclear energy program. In exchange for Tehran’s confidence-building bid to limit certain aspects of its nuclear activities, the Group 5+1 agreed to lift some of the existing sanctions against Tehran and continue talks with the country to settle all problems between the two sides.

The US Treasury Department in mid December added names of 19 persons and Iranian and foreign companies to the sanction list.

This is while in exchange for Iran’s confidence-building measures, the US agreed to refrain from slapping new sanctions on Iran.

At the time, the Iranian negotiators in Vienna halted nuclear talks with major world powers to return to Tehran for consultations after Washington blacklisted a dozen companies and individuals for evading US sanctions.

The experts meetings continued after US Secretary of State, John Kerry, contacted his Iranian counterpart and tried to appease Tehran.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13921113000467

Thanks for mot for bringing this translation to my attention -  Tom Feeley

See also

'Military action likely' if Iran talks fail, US spokeswoman says: A resolution to the nuclear dispute with Tehran, should current diplomatic efforts fail, “is likely to involve military action,” US State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said on Friday.

Iran says nuclear talks failure would be 'disaster': "What I can promise is that we will go to those negotiations with the political will and good faith to reach an agreement because it would be foolish for us to only bargain for six months," Zarif told the conference after his meeting with Kerry.